Monday, December 26, 2011

Fence Board Transformation

My brother and his wife recently rearranged their den with new furniture. 

YAY!

With the new arrangements, a vast amount of wall space above the new couch was found.  There are so many opportunities you can do with it and my mind went crazy!  I found this inspiration board at the handmade home.  Don't you love this combo?


See the wall art above the sofa?  That's what I wanted to do!  So I did... but with what I had available.  I had some random fence boards laying around.  Some old, some new.  I wanted to sand them down to prevent any splinters from attacking me.  -But I couldn't stop them all.  :s

 Anyhow, it went from this...


To this...



I cut, I sanded, I screwed and glued.  I stained the boards and painted the frames.  I'm so proud.  It was my first time using a skill saw by myself  i.e. no supervision.  My handy husband did help load it into my car to get it over to her though!  Thanks, babe!




No comments:

Post a Comment